“Baby it’s cold outsideeeee…”
This is my Pumpkin, Sweet Potato & Chickpea Curry.
The thing I love about this dish is that it is quick, cheap, simple, you can add something different each time and it would still work wonders and you can make a large portion and freeze it, which is brilliant if you are at University or your days are hectic to make something every day.
- 1 tbsp of Sesame Oil
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Red Chilli
- 1/2 a Lime
- 1 tbsp of Curry Powder
- 1 Sweet Potato
- 1 Small Pumpkin
- 1 Can of Tomatoes
- 1 Can of Chickpeas
- Handful of Spinach
- Chop the sweet potato and pumpkin into small pieces and boil for 10/15 minutes till soft.
- In a heated wok or frying pan, add sesame oil, wedges of lime, curry powder and Finely chopped chilli and garlic. Leave it to sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add Can of Tomatoes and Can of Chickpeas and stir.
- Once all is stirred in add the boiled Sweet Potato, Pumpkin and Spinach.
- Once it is all stirred in it can be ready straight away or left for an extra 20 minutes.
With this dish, there is a variety off topping you can add;
- Poached eggs
- Rice Noodles
- Meat: Chicen, Beef, Lamb or Fish
- Home made gluten-free flat bread
Hope this keeps you warm, Lots of Love xxx