Hello lovelies, with a lot of requests for a recipe when I posted on Instagram stories, I thought I would share the recipe – however there isn’t really any measurement and just made it up, and it was so delish!
1 can of Coconut milk
175 ml White Wine
Gluten Free Puff Pastry
1 Egg (for the egg wash if wanted or can do melted vegan butter)
- Chopped up the butternut squash into cubes and put in the oven for 30-45 minutes at 180*. Whilst thats cooking, in a pan fry off the garlic, onion, spring onion and chilli in olive oil. Let these soften.
- Take the puff pastry out of the fridge to get it to room temperature.
- Chop up the Leeks and Fennel and add to the pan. Let this sit until your butternut squash is done – so keep on a low heat, so your pan doesn’t over cook.
- add the butternut squash to the pan, with 175ml of white wine (perhaps pour yourself some whilst you are at it) and add the can of coconut milk.
- let this simmer and soak in for 5 minutes. (keep your oven on)
- when the vegetables look pretty much cooked, add a third or half to the tin/pie bowl of choice, depending how much there is. With each layer add some of the diced fish and then carry on the layered pattern.
- Finish the filling with salt, pepper and a sprinkle of dill.
- Roll out your pastry over the top of the tin to make sure the filling is covered. I chopped extra pieces off to fill the open areas and you can make it as decorative as you choose.
- finish with egg wash (whisked egg) or melted vegan butter over the top of the pastry.
- place in the over for 30-40 minutes!!!
We had ours with steamed broccoli, carrots and mash! Enjoy and I hope you like it x